The meanings of the few words given in dictionary.
[destiny —n. (pl. -ies) 1 fate. 2 particular person's fate etc.
fate —n. 1 a the future so determined. b individual's destiny or fortune.
fortune —n. 1 a chance or luck in human affairs. b person's destiny. 2 (in sing. or pl.) luck that befalls a person or enterprise. 3 good luck.
luck —n. 1 good or bad fortune. 2 circumstances of life (beneficial or not) brought by this. 3 good fortune; success due to chance.]
After a long time all of my friends met together in the evening. It was really after a long time, as we all were busy in our admissions and college. It was a great evening listening to everyone telling about their respective new colleges. We had a great time.
Suddenly some topic was on roll and I don’t remember exactly what happened but one of our friend said, “so this was in my destiny.” On this sentence if his, another friend was so annoyed, and he started arguing. He was totally against all this destiny stuff. He was like no there is nothing such as destiny or fate. It’s all what we have and what we are capable of getting and these words are only an excuse for not getting what we wanted.
And overall a new topic started. For an instance I agreed with him, but no, I do believe in destiny and fate. Yes I do believe that things do happen as they are in ones destiny and we can just make things better by working hard or so, but we can’t change it.
But offcourse everyone has got their own views and thoughts and I do respest my friends thoughts in not beliving in Destiny.
The best quotes I have found on destiny:
“Serendipity. Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for.”
“I have no regrets in my life. I think that everything happens to you for a reason. The hard times that you go through build character, making you a much stronger person.”
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice article!
I don't know if I believe in destiny but I do think that if everything in life was pre-destined or pre-ordained would there be any purpose to life? Why make any effort at all? Why be bothered to act? I'd rather believe in free will.
Having said that, from my experiences, I do feel that "destiny'. 'fortune' or 'luck', whatever you might call it, does play a role in our lives. I'd say, life is 50% free will and 50% destiny.
Anyway, this is an interesting idea. I'll think on it and wirte somehting soon...
Post a Comment